Sunday, April 13, 2008

No more crib... kinda

Last Sunday we had a little incident where one way or another Joshua landed on the floor our of his crib. (He was okay after lots of comforting from his mommy.) Since we didn't actually see it happen, we're not sure if he was just leaning over the rail and fell over or if he for real tried to climb out. Either way it's a long way down so Friday Adam decided to convert the crib to the transitional bed. All that happens is once side comes off and two little rails go on the ends.

While Joshua's upstairs sleeping in his "new" bed style we decided all the other bedroom doors and the bathroom door be closed and also we're back to closing the baby gate at the top of the stairs too. This is instead of closing Joshua's door.

The process.


All finished and Joshua can climb up and get down all by himself SAFELY!

This morning while laying in bed yet I heard some rattling with the baby gate after a little bit I went to investigate. I looked in Joshua's room and this is what I found... no Joshua! Adam had closed the gate but just didn't latch it (he was downstairs already) and so Joshua had gotten it open and was making his way downstairs! ...I'm not sure if I'm ready for my baby boy to be getting himself out of bed yet!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, Kasey, gotta face reality...Joshua is no longer a "baby" boy! It does look as though he likes his new bed, however, and it's a good thing you have taught him how to go down stairs by himself.
Thanks for more pictures.

Anonymous said...

OH my what a big step to big boy hood. It must be pretty cool for Joshua, but kind of scary for the rest of us. It's nice though how you can do that to the crib, I guess I didn't realize that was an option. Before you know it he will have himself out of bed, down the stairs, making himself some breakfast, and sitting in front of the tv watching cartoons. :)