Thursday, June 12, 2008

A weekend of celebrations

Friday (the 6th) was my birthday! I am still young enough to have been the daughter of any of our parent friends from church we often get together with, they enjoy pretending to be grandma & grandpa to Joshua and Miriam though. People all year have been saying it's nice to have babies back in the parsonage, it's true, they love our kids! Well everyone survived friday night... Adam, myself, the babysitters, Joshua and even Miriam. I found a couple girls to babysit for us that night and Adam took me out for a birthday supper to a super small town, Ward, SD, where there's a restaurant we had heard was pretty good. It was indeed good, they had been super busy before we got there and was decently busy while we were there too so we agreed it was good we didn't have the kids and we that we weren't in a hurry (the wait for our food was like an hour). We got home to find both kids still up, I didn't even bother having them try to put Joshua to bed as I was pretty sure it wouldn't happen, but I thought Miriam would have gone to sleep, I guess she wanted mom... she had wound herself up good and she was just calming down when we got home. Poor girl! But, we ALL survived.

Sunday was Joshua turned 2! We didn't do much to celebrate though since we have this coming weekend slotted for a party with the family. Adam had a hospital visit to make in Sioux Falls, we browsed a greenhouse (Joshua did enjoy that), and went to a few other stores before making it back just in time for Dar's Pizza (a Sunday night weekly get-together with the above mentioned friends).
Sunday was also Brenda & Matt's anniversary (my sister & brother-in-law).
Monday was my mom & dad's anniversary. Hopefully everyone had a great day!
Yesterday we had some old camp friends, Cole & Marie, drop by for a visit on their way home from St. Louis, I we enjoyed that as we don't get too many traveling visitors and Joshua made a couple new friends too! It was the first time they had met Joshua & Miriam.

I have a few more pictures and maybe another video, but I need a little more time at the computer for that.

No comments: