Monday, October 27, 2008

Sugar Cookies

Every once in awhile I talk about my friend Becky and her kids Brynn & Sophie, well I babysat both girls one morning while she was at a funeral and decided something fun for Brynn & Joshua to pass the time would be to decorate cut out sugar cookies (inspired by my sister). I pretty much had the dough ready when they got here, Sophie & Miriam both took naps while we made cookies. I let them each decorate (with sprinkles) a couple pans each and I frosted the rest later. It was fun, except that Joshua wanted to help with everything, I almost needed another person to help keep him at his station... not to mention keeping him from moving or eating the cut out dough on the pans before they made it to the oven!

Joshua decorating his pan of cookies


Brynn creating her masterpiece pan of cookies

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, very pretty cookies. Almost too pretty to eat with all the shiny sprinkles. No wonder Joshua had a hard time not snitching.

Anonymous said...

that was a creative and fun way to keep the kids busy other than just letting them play like any other day. I agree with mom, how can you blame Joshua wanting to try out his materpieces? come on like you didn't think about eating some dough... or did you and your not telling??? hehe the other day I thought about if only I had time making some cookies would be fun, I must have been thinking about you..

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kasey, for adding more pictures it was a fun and relaxing break to take!!

Brenda said...

Cheater. It's just not the same if you don't let them add the flour and stir! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha Brenda you must be braver than Kasey.. hee hee