Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Poor Joshua

The last couple days our wild man/little tornado Joshua isn't so much a wild man or a tornado lately. Back a couple weeks or so I was seeing some signs (chewing on fingers, drooling, a couple ickly unexplainable diapers) that could be associated with teething, but it's hard to be completely sure if that's just what it was or not since his teeth never bothered him before and the next to come are his 2nd yr molars. On sunday we noticed our boy just wasn't quite himself. Such as he actually sat nicely in church by me and played quietly (usually he wants nothing to do with me in church and you can't keep him still), at lunch he just sat and waited patiently and quietly for our food to come, that afternoon we went to Sioux Falls for a hospital visit and Joshua just stood next to Adam quietly waiting - he did say a little jibberish to the person we visited, but all day no matter where we were we weren't running after him or anything. And then there was yesterday... he didn't eat much for lunch, and after his nap he was pretty clingy to me, while I tended to Miriam he just stood next to me by the couch like he was bored he didn't want to play with anything. This morning a friend was going to come over with her kids to play and with Joshua acting like he was I was thinking about postponing the playdate so before calling I took his temp! There was no question about it, it was 101.6 before adding a degree! We could definately feel he was warm too. He gulped down some grape juice and ate a fruit cup in record time for supper so that was good. Gave him some tylenol and he went to bed shortly after eight. Either he's got some teeth coming (which I still can't see since he won't open his mouth for me to see) or he caught something. Believe it or not he's still in bed so I haven't had a chance to check his temp yet today.

Little Miriam all well, on thursday we weighed her for fun and she's 9 lbs 7.5 oz working up to 10 lbs now! I can tell she's getting bigger as she's filling out some 0-3 month clothes a lot better not and so her newborn clothes will have to be put away soon. Still has the cord stump though... what's the secret for getting it to fall off???

No comments: