Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Home Decor

I'm trying to catch up on blogging, but I just wanted to throw these two pictures in because I'm SO excited about them! This first one is of our brand new wallpaper border in the kitchen (not the dining area - only the kitchen) we just bought it monday and put it up that night! I'm glad it got done right away otherwise the rolls would probably be sitting on the counter for who knows how long. I just thought the kitchen needed just a little something more instead of just plain blue all over and I've liked the baking themed borders. Also, this helps give a little more separation between the kitchen and the dining area since both rooms are painted the same blue.

This second picture is of the oh, so random sign I bought one day... randomly! My friend Becky and I stopped by a store in Slayton before going home and well, I had just finished telling her a couple different ideas I had to decorate the dining area wall(s) and just so happened to see this sign which also happened to be on sale for $15 because the store was moving. I didn't know what to do because I don't really go out and buy home decorations on my own... or ever!, so she said if we couldn't find a place for it that she would buy it from me since it was only $15.... needless to say, I won't be seeing it on her walls!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kasey, I really like the wallpaper border! That should "snazz" up the kitchen and make it homeier/warmer.

Good for you for buying something spur-of-the-moment for yourself!!!
It looks like a good deal and since you had a place for it....wonderful. Do it more often, you'll get the hang of it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, I do like that border and it matches so well. Yeah I agree with Mom it probably does make it that much more homey and personalizes your home a little more.

I really like that sign too! Bargain shopping is the best.