Thursday, March 12, 2009

Odds & Ends

Believe it or not (no not Ripley's), I'm pretty much caught up! There are now only about 5 videos I really wish I could get to upload.. but this is it for tonight and then in the morning we leave for Mankato for a PALS meeting - we'll be back saturday evening, it's a short one this time. There won't be anything more until Sunday or monday at the earliest if I get the videos to work.

Oh! Almost forgot... Joshua used only 1 pair of undies all day today! Yes, we're potty training. We thought we've been doing it for awhile, but not really. Last monday evening I finally laid down the law and said no more diapers for Joshua! We packed them all away for Miriam to use some day (if she even gets to size 5 before potty training) and we've been using undies ever since... even at night we did only undies but every morning he woke up wet so sunday night on the way to Dar's I got a pack of "nighttime pants" from the grocery store. (Shh! they're really pull-ups.) Anyway, I would say in a span of only 1 1/2 weeks he's doing really well! So when I said he only used one pair today that means he had NO accidents today and yesterday he only had one! If I don't tell him "Let's go potty" because I see signs he needs to go or if he doesn't actually come tell me "I have to go potty", he has actually been going into the bathroom himself and then I go after him ask if he has to go potty or say "okay let's go" and I help him get the undies down (he can't do it by himself) & pants and sit on the potty chair and he goes! Ahhh preschool here comes Joshua!

Miriam keeping busy/happy before going to church.

Joshua sitting on the steps and pouting because I woke him up from his nap.



I think Miriam wanted to take a bath!

Miriam getting a ride around the living room from Joshua.



We were sorting through Joshua's clothes for his cousin Trace and I guess he thought this hat still fits him! I think it's a 12 month hat, I don't remember for sure though!

Playing ping ponk in the kitchen before supper (daddy just got home, I guess Joshua couldn't wait long enough to let him take his jacket off).


Check out Miriam's fancy tennis shoes! Her cousin Mallory got her those.

Miriam can be quite the book worm at times. Give her a book and she'll calm down.



Joshua had a case of impetigo behind his ear, so he had some pink liquid Cephalexin to take for about 10 days I think. We never had any problems with him taking his medicine.... I remember him saying "good" and even asking for more one time. I suppose it probably didn't help that mommy was taking medicine during the same time (I pretty much had strep throat - the test was negative, but the PA put me on some meds anyway). It's a good thing G'ma & G'pa Harvala gave us their old liquid medicine spoon thing - it sure helped, Thanks!

I found Joshua like this when I went to wake him from a nap... he LOVES the Lion King and "Seba". It's a good thing we have 1, 1 1/2, and 2 for a little variety - they could be the only movies in the world and he wouldn't care.



Miriam sporting the new hooded shirt aunt Brenda gave her... she got it from a swap she particiapted in and well, it's a little small for Mallory.

Last but not least, Miriam playing the drum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all the pictures. I like these type of everday pictures, but each of them are cute in their own special way. I thought they were all cute so I'm just going to pick out a few of my favorites..
Yeeeeaaaahh for Joshua and his undies!! yeeeaahh for Kasey and Adam for helping..hee hee
Poor poor Joshua, why couldn't he sleep anymore?
I really like the laundry basket rides, looks like they were both having fun, did he actually push her very much?
Joshua's napping picture is so Joshua. From the hands behind his head,it would be interesting to see if he does that while he gets older too. And how carefully he laid the bookdown so he could read Seba again after he rested.
playing ping ponk on the kitchen floor is almodt like family game night, if nothing else he may be really good at ping ponk since he started before he was 3.
OOOOOOOoooo and look at that fancy trendy Miriam sporting her latest fashions, i like the shoes brenda.
Well good job on the potty training.. so did you sign Joshua up for preschool?

Auntie M said...

Joshua looks like a little gangster in that hat - don't let Uncle Kyle see it though!! he doesn't go for that look :) I bet Joshua could get away with it around him though!

Auntie M said...

Miriam - my little musician! I miss the kids - I hope life slows down to where I am working less than 7 days a week....